I am currently working on my first solo independant project: Maia a space colony management simulator.
- Ported major independant title VVVVVV from flash to C++ on OS X, Linux and Windows.
- One year in indie development as a technical artist and programmer.
- Two years AAA game development as a technical artist and programmer.
- A year in independent games development as an artist.
- Two years in simulations (serious games).
- Internship at Natural Motion as a software developer.
- BA Computer Animation and Visualisation at the NCCA.
- Roughly four years of freelance work for games and film.
C++: In depth knowledge of object oriented software design, STL, templated meta programming and design patterns.
Opengl: Full understanding of next gen shader techniques, AAA game rendering pipelines.
C# and WPF
GLSL, HLSL, CG , Renderman SL
Other: Php, C, Melscript, Python, PyMel, Lua.
Modelling, UV mapping, Texture painting, Matte painting.
Lightwave, Maya, Z-brush, Photoshop, Shake.
Email me for a quote and examples of work.
Simon -at- machinestudios.co.uk
Recent Blog articles.
- How to Apply For a Job With An Indie Developer - Mon 23rd July 2012 10.36PM
- A list of companies that brought "booth babes" to E3 - Thu 7th June 2012 4.10PM
- Announcing Maia - Fri 25th May 2012 3.29PM
- Bursting The "KickStarter Bubble" Bubble - Tue 8th May 2012 12.39PM
- Can EA ever be indie? - Wed 2nd May 2012 5.27PM